Keeping track of all this information and knowing what to remember, and what you don't need to, can be daunting.
Kim Basin, from Business Insider, undertook a review of articles on Psychology Today on how memory works and compiled 15 ways to improve your memory and boost productivity.
Some of the ways I found interesting are:
- Try not to conform to the group, because your peers can greatly affect your memories.
- Keep your stress level down, because anxiety makes you lose focus and concentrate on unpleasant emotions.
- Look up or close your eyes when trying to remember something important — when your eyes are open, the areas of your brain that are working on vision are kept busy.
- If you always find answers to questions on the web, you're less likely to commit things to memory
- Walking can literally grow new memory storage, like sleep does.
If you would like to see all 15 ways to improve your memory, read Kim's article at Business Insider.